Sunday, September 4, 2011

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Ahnentafel Roulette!

Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings has posted a new mission.
For those who have accepted the challenge there is .......

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun

1) How old is your great-grandfather now, or how old would he be if he had lived? Divide this number by 4 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."

2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ahnentafel (ancestor name list). Who is that person?

3) Tell us three facts about that person with the "roulette number."

4) Write about it in a blog post on your own blog, in a Facebook or Google Plus note or comment, or as a comment on this blog post.

5) If you do not have a person's name for your "roulette number" then spin the wheel again - pick a grandparent, a parent, a favorite aunt or cousin, or even your children!



1)  Using my husband, Mark as number one, his maternal great grandfather was Mathias Baltes Berres, born in 1876, making him 135 years old.   Divide this by 4 and rounding up gives the number 34.

2)  Number 34 is the father of Maria Ludovica Ivens or Mark's ggg grandfather.  Name unknown.  Strike one!  Try another pitch.

1) Paternal great grandfather is Peter Goossens, born in 1860, making him 151 years old.  Dividing by 4 gives me 37.75, rounded up to #38.

2) Number 38 is the grandmother of Sadie DeWall (wife of said Peter Goossens).  Again I draw a blank. 

I think I should not take up gambling.  I have drawn a blank both in this family blog of the Berres and Goossens as well as my other blog on the Glewwe/Brossoit lines.  I think I need to do a lot more research, or learn to count cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment